Header

Header

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nice try



After my umteenth frustrating encounter with Nathan, my reluctant homeschooler, I went upstairs, grabbed my bible and tried to gain some perspective. I went to the book of wisdom and since today is the 30th, I read Proverbs 30. 


Ah Ha! Wisdom granted. I found exactly what I needed. I went downstairs to quote scripture to my young son. 


Me: "Alright, listen up. I'm going to read you something.


"Proverbs 30, verse 17 'The eye that mocks a father, that scorns obedience to a mother, will be pecked out by the ravens of the valley, will be eaten by the vultures.'"


Nate: "What does that mean?"


Me: "It means you'd better obey or your eye is going to get plucked out and eaten."


Nate: "That's not true."


Me: "It's in the bible. Of course, it's true."


Nate: "It can't be. I disobey lots of times...and I still have my eye."


Me: "sigh."

No comments:

Post a Comment