Header

Header

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Just a Typical Happy Hilbert Car Ride





(Heard inside the Happy Hilbert Minivan during one twenty minute drive home from church.)




Josh: Chloe, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Chloe: I’m not sure.
Nate: I want to be a male model.
Josh: Hey! That’s what I want to be.


Josh:  Sheesh. Everywhere we go, everyone knows me.
Nate: Me, too.
Josh: They say that my mom talks about me all the time or they know my mom or something.
Chloe: That’s because mom is a social butterfly.
Josh: Yeah, she’ll talk to anyone.
Me: I used to be shy when I was your age. I didn’t talk very much.
Josh: That can’t be right.


Nate: Are we on the internet?
Chloe: Sometimes mom blogs.
Josh: And, of course, we’re famous on Facebook.


Josh:  I hate flies. What do flies do?
Me: Uh, fly?
Josh: No, what are they good for?
Me: Frogs eat them.
Nate: What are frogs good for?
Me: Birds eat them.
Josh: What are birds good for?
Me: They spread around seeds.
Nate: Oh. That’s what flies are good for.

 

Me: Any chance you guys could settle down and be quiet for a few minutes?
Josh: But, what should we do?
Me: Anything that’s not loud. How about quietly pray?
Josh: Mom, you’re so funny.


Taco Bell drive thru guy:  Why aren’t you kids in school?
Me: We homeschool.
TBG: You’re not at home.
Me:  Well, we’ve got to eat.
TBG: You should have home ec and cook.
Me: Uh. Good idea. We’ll do that tomorrow. Today, we’re having Taco Bell.
TBG: (to Chloe) Quick! What’s ten times ten?
Chloe: um. A hundred.
TBG: See. Now you learned something today.



No comments:

Post a Comment