Header

Header

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Brave

I used to think I was brave.
 I would go and do without fear.
I would try without question.
I would never look to the consequences.
I could only see the now of it all.

I look back and see that as mere fearlessness.
It’s not the same as brave.

Now, I’m brave.
 I fear.
I see.
I swallow 
I struggle.
 I move slowly.
So slowly.
But, forward.

I fear and I go.
 And I do.
 And I try.
And I fail.
And I succeed.

I used to think I had to do extraordinary things to be a success.
There had to be glory in the outcome.
There had to be something.
Something measurable.

Now I live in the daily.
The small.
The repetitive.
The normal.
The constant.
The real.

I am ordinary.
I am strong.

And I persevere.
And that's life.
And that's brave.


No comments:

Post a Comment